Now is your chance to exhibit your magical artistic talents in Magic (Art)Works - a Harry Potter Art Contest.
1. The contest is open to everyone, as long as they are currently based in the Philippines and will be in Manila during the announcement of winners.
2. The contest is divided into three categories that follow the age ranges in the wizarding community:
- Kids Category (10 years old and below)
- Young Adult Category (11-16 years old)
- Adult Category (17 years old and above)
3. The artwork should depict something related to the topic assigned to each age category:
- Kids Category - Draw yourself with your favorite Harry Potter character
- Young Adult Category - Draw your favorite Albus Dumbledore moment/scene
- Adult Category - Draw what you think the Final Battle between Harry Potter and Lord Voldemort will be like.
4. Each contestant may submit only one (1) entry.
5. Artwork Specifications:
- Size: A3 size (11" x 17") on paper, board, or canvas
- Medium: Pencil, ink, oil, charcoal, crayon, or any other art material. Artworks that are drawn or colored digitally will be accepted, but the
printing of digital artworks will be shouldered by the artist. Digital files on CDs or diskettes will not be accepted.
- All digital artworks must be 100% original, and must not contain any edited images from the Harry Potter movies or books, or other sources.
6. Deadline for submission of entries is on July 17, 2007.
7. Entries must be submitted in a sealed envelope labeled "HARRY POTTER ART CONTEST ENTRY, at any Fully Booked branch, addressed to: Marketing Department, Fully Booked
8. On a separate piece of paper, the contestant must submit his/her name, age, category, title of the artwork, home address, contact number, e-mail address and a brief bio-data (school, profession, achievements, etc). There should be no signature on the front of the artwork itself, otherwise, the entry will be disqualified.
9. For Kids Category Entries: The artwork must also be accompanied by a very short description of the artwork and the artist's favorite character. Parents and guardians may do this for the younger contestants. This must be printed on a separate sheet of short ( 8.5 x 11 inches) bond paper.
10. For Young Adult Category Entries: The artwork must also be accompanied by a brief description of the artist's favorite Albus Dumbledore moment, which book it was taken from, and why he/she chose that particular scene. This must be printed on a separate sheet of short ( 8.5 x 11 inches) bond paper. The explanation must not exceed one bond paper in length.
11. For Adult Category Entries: The artwork must also be accompanied by a brief explanation of the scene depicted, and a description of what the artist thinks will happen in the Final Battle, including its eventual outcome. This must be printed on a separate sheet of short ( 8.5 x 11inches) bond paper. The explanation must not exceed one bond paper in length.
12. Announcement and awarding of winners will be held at the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" Book Launch on 21 July 2007 at Fully Booked Bonifacio High Street.
13. The winner of each category will get a box set of Harry Potter books.
14. Criteria for Judging:
15. The Judges' decision is final and unappealable.
16. Contestants may claim their artworks after the Exhibit period. Artworks that are not claimed on or before August 31, 2007 will be subject to disposition in any manner decided on by Fully Booked Management.
17. For questions and clarifications, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.